Christopher Goat

Christopher Goat
Christopher Goat

Friday, December 20, 2013

Reflections

Drifting through the memories,
Of a life so deeply intertwined.
Faded past,
The smoke and broken mirrors.
I tell this lonely tale...
Crashing waves pass through the sea,
As close to you as to me.
I couldn't save us from drowning,
In the shallow pools of bitter tongues.
Danced in the reflection of our skies,
We loved.
Without a smile for me,
I couldn't be free,
From the heavenly prisons,
Embodied around you and me.
And through the rivers of sin we glided,
As sharks do in the night,
When they hunt their prey.
Only to choke on the smoke,
Of the burning fire set ablaze,
In the Garden of Eden.
After the serpent cast it's gaze,
Into the eyes of Eve.
Entrancing her to dance,
in her sinful silk and lace,
And bringing a grin,
To the faces of the unholy one.
Torn is her heart,
Death is her love.
She chances her will,
With no guilt from above.
And paradise is closed to you and I,
Forever we will live only to die.

No comments: