Christopher Goat

Christopher Goat
Christopher Goat

Friday, December 20, 2013

To Forgive

Jealousy has broken this rampant love.
Once like a dove, pure and free.
A serpent, so powerful, came to me.
Spoke kind words and convinced me to be,
Something I'm not, something I hate.
Nevermore broken hearted, so departed,
My love for the world, but mostly myself.
I must remove the hate,
From this old dusty shelf.
Kept from afar- away from you,
You never knew,
or so I told myself.
It all seems unreal,
The dream I never wanted to have,
The mistakes I never wanted to make,
The love I never wanted to break.
Beginning again-
Starting from the end of us all.
Death of love, birth of hate.
Where can all of the sinners wait?
For you to join me,
Or so I know you did,
I learned that when I was a kid,
Give what you get,
Get what you give-
Hopefully we're all strong enough-
To Forgive.

No comments: