Christopher Goat

Christopher Goat
Christopher Goat

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Mississippi Ghost Queen

Down here along the bayous,
I've seen the Mississippi Ghost Queen.
Drifting through the swamp lands,
In my nightmares and my dreams.
She's inviting all the spirits here,
Then, taking them one by one.
Then capturing all the sinner's souls,
'Till The Captain says she's done.
The fog beneath the Bourbon Moon,
Conceals her dreadful path,
A midst the screams of the passengers,
You can hear The Captain's laugh.
She sings "come all you travelers,
Who want some wine and strong drink.
Meet the infamous Captain,
He's really not who you think."
Don't say I didn't warn you,
I been livin' down in New Orleans.
I've sailed upon that vessel,
Through my nightmares and my dreams.
Way back when the mutiny began,
That sailor didn't prevail.
Now he's Captain of his vessel,
That's headed straight to Hell.
The Captain was once a sailor,
Who fell from his Righteous Maker.
There's a ship down in New Orleans,
Who's called the Mississippi Ghost Queen.




No comments: